If COVID-19 has taught us anything, it’s to be more proactive when it comes to protecting our health and the health of those around us. This is even more important for a business owner who wants to ensure a safe, clean, and healthy space for their employees. One of the best ways to protect those in your workspace is through air purification systems. Without an effective air purification system, viruses, allergens, and harmful bacteria can be circulated through the air repeatedly. Here’s more insight into how office air purifiers work, and options for your post-COVID workplace.
How Do Air Purifiers Work?
Rather than adding particles to the air the way diffusers and humidifiers do, office air purifiers remove them. They do this in two ways – by filtering the air and by sanitizing it.
- Filtration – Good-quality office air purifiers have very effective, fine air filters to trap dust, pollutants, bacteria, and other particles in the air as the machine pulls it through the system. When looking for an air purifier, the best results will come from a system with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filter, as these capture the widest range of particles – even gasses and smoke.
- Sanitizing – Purifiers can further sanitize the air with an additional carbon filter that eliminates smells and toxins (for example, harmful paint fumes or formaldehyde).
Advanced Air Purification Systems for Offices
Air purification is especially challenging in office spaces because:
- Spaces are shared or open plan, so there are more people exposed to the same air quality
- Many offices do not allow for free airflow from the outside, making air conditioning systems the only source of fresh air
- External air in locations where offices are placed may not be of good quality due to an urban or industrial environment, vehicle emissions, or noise
In these spaces, especially with the lessons we’ve learned from COVID-19, we know it is absolutely critical to purify and sanitize the air. Not only does this help to protect people from the spread of germs and viruses, but it also helps prevent health issues associated with poor quality air, including asthma, allergies, headaches, and Sick Building Syndrome.
Healthy Air Makes a Happy Workplace
Clean, fresh, and sanitized air helps create a more productive and healthier workplace, helping to reduce absenteeism, prevent health conditions that slow productivity, and support overall wellness.
At BE Furniture, we know that when a business shows its support for employees by making the workplace healthier, great results are sure to follow. That’s why we recommend that air purification systems should be considered in your office remodel or fit-out.
Through our long-time distribution partner Dyson, BE Furniture can provide and install a wide range of state-of-the-art Dyson office air purifiers to help enhance the health and safety of your office. There’s a model for every size office and budget, with some models also providing heating, cooling, and humidification features. These are quiet-run systems that gently disperse freshly sanitized air through your space without being noisy, and models can be controlled remotely through Dyson Link smartphone apps. Talk to our team today if you’d like to find out more or visit our website at: https://www.befurniture.com