Training and upskilling employees is a critical part of being a competitive and forward-thinking business, so it’s no surprise that top training companies are thriving. Your training space says a lot about your business – and it has to be functional too – so designing it can be a challenge. Here are some insights from our contemporary office furniture team in NJ.
- Calm and neutral: You’re going to have people from all industries, walks of life and all levels of the corporate world coming to you for training, so the space needs wide appeal. Calm, neutral, warm colors make people feel welcome and focused, and reduces distractions, supporting the mindset they need to learn.
- Mobile, adaptable furniture: You’re going to be training groups of different sizes and splitting them up to work on different skill sets, so your furniture needs to be easily moved, spilt up and re-grouped as you require. Lightweight chairs and tables, and modular units are best.
- Presentation space: You need a free wall or space where presentation boards, whiteboards or digital presentations can take place for the group – keeping in mind that some training specialists make use of multiple types of media when they’re teaching.
- Good lighting: Training often means intensive learning and long hours, so your lighting has to be perfect if you want people to be able to concentrate and focus during their session. A combination of natural light and artificial light (preferably LED lights as they are gentler on the eyes and don’t flicker) is best.
- Stay refreshed: The last thing your space will need is an easily accessible refreshment station. This is a great addition for training rooms as it means participants won’t have to leave the room or miss out on anything if they need a juice, soda, water or snack.
Make Your Training Space a Priority with Our Contemporary Office Interiors Specialists
If you are redesigning or remodeling your training space, it’s important to have a partner who understands contemporary office interiors and the needs of your industry. BE Furniture is a New Jersey-located company that strives to meet all your commercial office furniture and office design needs. We can assist you with everything from conference room tables and contemporary office furniture to office design, fitment and furniture recycling. For more information or inspiring contemporary office furniture ideas, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.befurniture.com/