Modern Office Design Ideas: Creating Your Waiting Room
Whether you’re a medical professional, a wellness specialist or running your own practice, you need a relaxing, inviting and practical space to welcome your clients. Here are some modern office design ideas to help you create the ideal waiting room.
- Color scheme: Color has a huge impact on our psychology, affecting everything from our moods to our appetite! This makes your color scheme very important, as it will dictate everything from wall color and fabrics to artwork and furniture. For waiting rooms, calm and welcoming colors are recommended as they encourage patience and relaxation. These include light blues, greys, browns and greens, as well as fresh whites and creams. It’s best to avoid very bold or bright color schemes.
- Comfortable seating: Your clients may have to sit in your waiting room for a while, so it’s important that you have adequate and comfortable seating. One good idea is to mix and match your seating for a more home-like look, with a combination of chairs and couches in complementary fabrics. Be sure to choose a fabric or material that is easy to clean and won’t show dust easily.
- Artwork: This adds visual interest to your space and it’s important that it goes well with your color scheme so that it doesn’t clash. It’s a good idea to go with fairly neutral or relaxing scenes, but they don’t always have to be paintings. Think outside the box and use metal work, sculpture, photos and pottery.
- Lighting: We’ve all sat in a space with poor lighting and it can be unbearable. Try to balance your lighting by including a lot of natural light, a warm indoor light and even lamps. This allows you to be more flexible with your lighting through the day. Avoid harsh, cold lights or very bright lights, as these feel overpowering and unwelcoming.
- Reading material: Good reading material is a must-have for any waiting room, so don’t leave this one out. Have a selection of magazines appropriate to your clients (don’t forget kid’s magazines, books or toys if you work with children) and make sure that they are in good condition. Your clients will appreciate it if they’re the latest publications too!
Design Your Waiting Room with Our Contemporary Office Interiors Team
At BE Furniture, we assist our clients in achieving an optimal workspace for their business. Whether you are looking to remodel your current waiting area completely or replace your furniture with contemporary office furniture, our experienced team can handle it all.
For more information about our design services for waiting areas and reception areas, which includes seating, glass partition wall units, desks furniture and more, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.befurniture.com/