Meeting spaces are essential in the modern workplace, especially if you run a flexible office with hotdesking or a coworking space. A great meeting space is about much more than just having enough seating, however. Here are some modern office design ideas for designing and creating a functional space, from our contemporary office furniture team.
- Get rid of the clutter – Meeting spaces need to be neat and tidy, so don’t let this space become a dumping ground for odds and ends from around the rest of the office. Neat office storage solutions can make the room multi-purpose without adding visual clutter.
- Get comfortable – For a meeting to be productive, people need to be comfortable. Contemporary office furniture with ergonomic support is a must and choosing stylish pieces will give the space a sense of purpose and importance, helping people stay focused.
- Choose the right size table – You need to be able to fit enough chairs around the table while giving everyone sufficient room to work comfortably. You’ll also need enough perimeter space around the outside of the table for people to move past without bumping into their neighbors. This is especially important if this space is going to be used for presentations, and it’s best to leave one side clear with a wide corridor to allow people to present in comfort and arrange necessary AV equipment/boards, etc.
- Install good lighting – Poor quality lighting not only makes it difficult to read text, it can also lead to sleepiness, headaches and migraines. Natural lighting is best, and you can maximize this through the use of windows and glass walls. In addition, you should have LED lighting on a dimmer switch, as this allows people to adjust it for their own comfort, as well as for different needs like presentations.
- Install sound proofing – Meeting rooms can quickly become loud when people are talking, and large meeting rooms are especially vulnerable to echoes and noise vibrations. To make sure everyone can hear comfortably, it’s best to install materials that absorb sound, like acoustic foam or acoustic boards. This also helps prevent noise from the meeting room disturbing people at work outside the space.
Bring Your Collaborative Meeting Space to Life – Speak to Our Contemporary Office Furniture Team
Want to revitalize your space with the latest contemporary office furniture and create the ideal meeting space for your team to collaborate? BE Furniture is a New Jersey-located company and a leader in contemporary office interiors. Our dedicated, experienced team can assist you with everything from supplying contemporary office furniture and architectural walls for your office space to handling all your design, fitment and furniture recycling needs. For more information on our contemporary office furniture options and services, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.befurniture.com/