A guide to different office cubicle systems
First developed in the 1970s, office cubicle systems are still the most popular means of designing and planning an office space to accommodate a workforce. In fact, they account for around $2.27 billions of office furniture sales in the USA! It’s not difficult to see why they’re so popular – cubicles are affordable, use space efficiently and modular, making them easy to fit into a wide range of spaces and floorplans. So, what types of cubicles are available?
- Panel-attached cubicles: These are ready-made work areas where the walls are attached directly to work surfaces like filing cabinets, shelving and other customizable features. They can also contain their own power outlets to make installing computers and other electronic hardware easier.
- Free-standing cubicles: In these models, the cubicle panel stands alone and is not attached to the desk, shelving or cabinets. These are useful for temporary office requirements or where you would like to combine your cubicle walls with existing furniture. They are highly mobile and can be moved much more easily than attached panel cubicles.
- Acoustic cubicles: These high-end cubicles incorporate noise-reduction materials like cork, foam and fabrics, making them ideal for use in busy office environments, including call centers. These high-privacy cubicles can be panel-attached or free-standing, and are highly durable.
- Smooth surface cubicles: Models in this range are manufactured from stainless steel, plastic, PVC or vinyl, and are well-known for their durability. They are easy to clean and sleek-looking, giving your space a modern feel.
- Transparent cubicles: Cubicles are also available in glass or Plexiglas, or with glass or Plexiglas windows. This allows natural light to travel more easily through your office space, and allows for easy monitoring of the workplace environment. They do not have the sound-proofing qualities of acoustic and other padded cubicles.
Find the right cubicles for your office with our modern design solutions
At BE Furniture, we assist our clients in achieving an optimal workspace for their business. Whether you are looking to replace old workstations with new cubicle systems and office cubicle walls, or want a comprehensive redesign and fitment of your space, our experienced team can handle it all.
For more information about our corporate office design services or cubicle systems, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.befurniture.com.