A Guide to Creating a Health-Focused Workplace

Health and wellness in the workplace is a key focus for commercial office interiors that incorporates everything from architectural design right down to corporate office furniture. Here are some insights into the importance of this movement and how to achieve it in your business, from our team based in New Jersey.

Why Target Workplace if We Want to Get Healthier? 

There are several reasons why the workplace can have such a significant impact on living healthier lives. These include:

  • The amount of time we spend in the workplace: For most people, it’s common to spend more time in the workplace than anywhere else. In fact, most people spend 70% of their waking hours at work, so it’s impossible to cram all our healthy habits into just that remaining 30%.
  • Investing in health in the workplace shows a significant ROI: While most businesses care about the health of their employees, there’s one thing every company will pay attention to – their bottom line. Companies with healthier, happier employees and strong wellness initiatives experience better talent retention, lower absenteeism, low staff turnover, higher engagement, and better talent attraction. All these factors have a strong positive impact on a company’s ability to compete, grow and make a profit.
  • Share prices perform better too: Several studies have shown that listed companies that invest in employee wellness and healthy workplaces are outperforming the S&P 500.

Inside Healthy Commercial Office Interiors 

So, what does a healthy workplace actually look like? Essentially these are businesses that go for an achievable investment in employee wellness and demonstrate consistently their focus on integrating health and wellness throughout the company. Common factors include:

  • A sense of connection and community – Healthy workplaces are decorated with an aesthetic that brings people together and welcomes people rather than demonstrating status. Think photos of team activities and social projects or uplifting modern art rather than expensive oils.
  • The catering is healthy – Healthy foods are readily available through catering, vending machines and allowing employees to store food in the office.
  • Investment of real estate in healthy activities – Most companies make space to include health-related activities on-site, like gyms, meditation areas and garden/outdoor spaces. If space is limited, boardrooms are often turned into communal eating areas.
  • Vibrant, informal environment – Health and wellness is about being down-to-earth and realistic, rather than forcing a strict dress code and formal environment. If employees are expected to get mobile and enjoy physical activities, it’s acceptable to wear less formal clothing at work (or at least be able to change between the two). These workplaces are also often more interested in being flexible, creative and interesting rather than staid and rule-bound.

Become Part of the Healthy Workplace Revolution and Grow Your Business 

At BE Furniture, our focus is on creating the right environment in which your company can thrive. As a full-service corporate office furniture and remodeling company with an environmentally-friendly focus, we can assist you with every aspect of your remodel, including installing architectural glass walls, modern office cubicles and reception area desks. For more information, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.befurniture.com/

Blog Archives
Old Archives
Contact BE Furniture
1751 Route 10 E
Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Main Phone
© 2022 All Rights Reserved | BE Furniture
Built and Powered by WIN Marketing Group