Nature and plant life are often a focus of modern office design and it’s not hard to see why. Studies have shown that connecting employees with nature in the workplace results in reduced stress, increased productivity, reduced absenteeism, cleaner air, and a more attractive, creative and quieter office space. Not all plants can thrive in an office environment, however, so it’s important to choose the right plants for your space. Here’s a quick guide from our team of modern boardroom and contemporary office furniture specialists.
Make These Plants Work with Your Contemporary Office Furniture
- The Peace Lilly: Part of the Araceae family, the Peace Lilly is low maintenance with pretty white flowers that last for ages. They come in a variety of sizes, so they can work as desk or floor plants and although it’s a tropical plant, it loves the shade. One of its most notable qualities is that NASA put it on their list of Top Ten Household Air Cleaning Plants.
- Sansevieria: These plants are native to Africa and have long, tall, green leaves that grow outward from a central point, giving it the common name of Snake Plant or Mother-in-law’s Tongue. It is a very low maintenance plant and is known for tolerating shade very well, making it great for offices. In addition to their striking leaves, these plants can have white, lilac-red or brown flowers.
- Succulents: There are a huge variety of succulents available, and their low-water and low-maintenance nature makes them suited to office life. However, they do require lots of sunlight, so make sure they’re in a sunny spot on a window ledge or in your outdoor area. They look lovely mixed together in bowls and the flowering varieties add an extra spot of color.
- Ficus: If you’re looking to add something substantial, a ficus tree is the way to go. While they do require medium to high light and moderate watering, they do well in office environments and are known for their exceptional air purification and humidity control benefits.
- Orchids: If you have good light in your office, orchids will do very well in your space. They are surprisingly hardy and come in a huge range of flower colors and shapes, adding a tropical but elegant touch. They are very sensitive to over-watering, so it’s important to ensure that they are never standing in water and that the pots are well-drained.
From Boardroom Furniture to Office Design, We Can Assist You
Interested in transforming your workplace? Inspired by the latest modern office design ideas? BE Furniture is a New Jersey-located company that strives to meet all your corporate office furniture and office design needs. We can assist you with everything from contemporary office furniture, architectural walls and interiors to office design, fitting and furniture recycling. For more information, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.befurniture.com/