Your employees are a fantastic resource for ideas when you’re considering an office remodel – after all, they use your space and support your brand every day! Here are some questions to ask your staff before your project begins, from our contemporary office design team.
- Does your workstation work for you? A workstation can make a job easier or much harder to do depending on its design. Asking this question will help make choosing workstations that improve productivity and benefit your employees.
- Do you have enough storage? Clutter is distracting, and a disorganized office is an unproductive one. By adding practical storage where it’s needed, you can make your office more productive and more efficient.
- Who do you need to communicate with most? This is about breaking silos and putting people into more efficient, more collaborative spaces. Bringing the right people closer together through practical office design makes collaboration and communication easier, whether it’s between teams, departments or even floors. It can also show you if you need more brainstorming or meeting spaces for your teams.
- Do you have enough break-away space? Office break-away spaces, including the kitchen, eating and casual meeting spaces are critical to maintain wellness, comfort and communication in your organization. There needs to be enough space to meet employee needs and it needs to be positioned away from quiet zones. Too little space can be frustrating and difficult to use, too much means some space can be reallocated to meet other needs.
- What are your frustrations with the current design? This is a great way to get some diverse input to inspire your design in ways you may not have considered. Your employees may want ergonomic desks and chairs, sit-stand desks, different colors or better natural lighting through glass architectural walls. Simple changes, like introducing local art, dedicating a space to a wellness program or introducing certain tech can transform your space and your employee’s approach to their work. It’s also a great way to help employees feel valued and part of the team.
Contemporary Office Design Ideas That Bring Your Brand to Life
Want to create a more inviting, practical and inspiring workplace? Inspired by the latest contemporary office interiors? BE Furniture is a New Jersey-located company that strives to meet all your corporate office furniture and office design needs. We can assist you with every aspect of your remodel from contemporary office furniture, architectural walls and interiors to office design, fitting and furniture recycling. For more information, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.befurniture.com/