Collaborative workspaces are known for positively influencing innovation, productivity and creativity, making communication easier and more effective. Creating a workspace like this means bringing two elements together, namely a culture of collaboration and the physical office environment that supports this. Here’s how the right modern office design and contemporary furniture can help you achieve this.
- Flexibility: Collaborative office environments have a workspace that incorporates a wide range of features that encourage employees to move around and work where it best suits them. This includes easily re-configurable desks or share work tables, private meeting rooms for client calls and stimulating areas for brainstorming sessions.
- Good lighting: Closed-in office spaces with harsh artificial lighting are the opposite of what collaborative spaces are all about. Think of ways to maximize natural light through the space with glass partitions, use color for creative stimulation, and go with an open plan design that keeps the office light and airy.
- Hot desking: This trend is a great one for encouraging collaboration, as it allows employees to work where they want, as they require it without having a designated desk. This makes it easier for different project members to get together without interrupting other people, and facilitates easy communication.
- Brainstorming space: It’s important to have a designated area for brainstorming that is separate from the rest of the office so that employees can talk openly and with ease. Some companies replace the walls of this space with whiteboards and glass that can be written on directly, others fill their spaces with inspirational items, or games and activities that help employees to relax and re-energize.
- Acoustics: Because this is an environment that focuses on communication, it’s also important to recognize that noise will be a factor. Art, soft furnishings and acoustic panels can help absorb sound, while glass panel rooms create private areas where employees can work or hold private meetings. Encouraging flextime can also help contribute to noise reduction, ensuring that employees can work from home or pick their hours based on their work requirements.
Let our office design, furniture and fitment team help you create the ideal collaborative workspace
At BE Furniture, we offer end-to-end office furniture solutions, from designing an office remodel to fitting it out and furnishing it with the latest contemporary office furniture. As a full-service furniture dealer, we can supply you with a wide range of value-added and environmentally-sensitive products, including reception desks, standing desks, collaborate-focused office furniture, and glass partition wall systems.
For more information on our modern office design services or contemporary office furniture, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.befurniture.com/.