If your offices and office reception area is feeling a little tired and uninspiring, there’s a lot you can do to improve it – even if you don’t have the budget for a big remodel. Here are some easy, affordable modern office ideas to freshen up your space.
- Add some green: Plants add life to an office, quite literally. They’re inexpensive and, if you choose the right plants, easy to maintain. They are also great for improving employee wellbeing by filtering air, reducing stress and boosting moods. Good plants for office spaces include snake plants, ficus, aloes (for sunny offices), orchids, and peace lilies. Be sure to check the plants light and water needs so you place them in the right areas of your office and, if you don’t want the hassle of caring for them yourself, there are companies who will supply and maintain office plants for you.
- Upgrade your lighting: If the mood and productivity at your office is low, your lights may be to blame. Poor lighting can lead to eye strain, headaches and mood problems, while good lighting – especially natural light – improves wellness, productivity and energy levels. Increasing natural light in your office through architectural glass walls or replacing old light bulbs with energy-saving LED bulbs will refresh your office and save on energy costs.
- Get personal: Letting your employees add personality to their workspace is one of the best ways of injecting new life into your workplace. Simply develop a few policies and basic guidelines outlining acceptable décor and other limitations and encourage your staff to exercise their creativity.
- Add art: Art is an underutilized resource for adding color, character and creativity to the workplace. Try think beyond bland office art and connect with your brand if you want to really inspire and energize your staff. For example, if your company is focused on Green initiatives then professional scenic and wildlife photography is a great choice, or if your company works in the media space then classic movie posters will be perfect.
Make Your Modern Office Design Ideas a Reality – Affordably
If you want to add character, style and ergonomic design your office space, our team is here to help. In addition to our wide range of modern reception desks, office chairs and glass partition wall systems, we can also assist you with workspace design and fitment. For more information on our services and modern office design ideas, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.befurniture.com/
A great office reception area sets the tone for your business – it influences your employees as they walk in the door, it welcomes clients and guests, and it tells everyone exactly what your business is all about. Here are some of the best modern office design ideas to help you achieve this!
- Proportion and layout: Plan your reception area to accommodate furniture in proportion to the space allocated, remembering to leave wide passages open for easy flow of people and deliveries. The area between your doors and reception desk should be unobstructed, and your reception staff should be placed in a position where they can easily see the door and anyone walking through it. Glass partition walls can be used to create the right sized space and to separate the reception from other office space without cutting out natural light. It can also be embellished with artistic designs or your company logo.
- Seating: Comfortable seating is an essential for every business, whether you’re running a doctor’s surgery or a marketing company. Seats should be comfortable but compact, and are a great opportunity to add color or texture to your space. Remember to use individual chair rather than sofas, as many people prefer their own space.
- Modern reception desks: Reception desks balance function with personality, and can form an eye-catching part of your office design. Think outside the box with this item of furniture, and consider your company’s character. Legal firms will suit classic hardwoods and stainless steel, while fun companies can be open to exciting shapes, materials and even lighting. Remember to include space for the number of reception staff you will have, as well as filing, storage, printer and chair space.
- Highlight your unique points: What’s your differentiator? Your company culture? Your reception should embody this part of your company’s personality and really show it off. Photographs and paintings, colors, wall art, and décor all say something about how your company views itself, and this is the impression you want anyone who walks through your doors to get.
Your partner in creative, professional modern office design ideas
BE Furniture is a full-service corporate office design and contemporary office furniture company, offering a wide range of environmentally-sensitive and innovative products and services for innovative boardrooms and office interiors. For more information, please contact us today or visit our website at https://www.befurniture.com/.
Due to the fact that the office reception desk is the first thing that clients (and potential clients) see, it makes logical sense that it should create an immediate positive impression. When it comes to the classic office reception desk, there are many pleasing, varying designs from which to choose from. It is also comforting to know that if you place trust in the right company, it is possible to customize the furniture from scratch according to your company’s brand, needs and budget constraints. Here are some important considerations to keep in mind when investing in a new modern office reception desk.
Tips For Buying Office Reception Desks
The office reception workspace is a very important aspect of any company’s image. As a result, it is wise to invest in the best possible quality that you can afford. Things like fake wood and cheap-looking plastic finishes definitely won’t create that important positive impression. Something such as chromed metal, with classy glass tops, on the other hand, will be sure to do the exact opposite.
For those who want to make the right decisions when it comes to furniture customization, it is also always a good idea to have your company’s logo printed on the front of the reception desk. This can be expensive. Therefore, if it isn’t possible to do something to this extent, it might be wise to consider having a desk made in your company’s colors. Ultimately, you want your reception desk to be a worthy, complementary extension of the brand itself.
Here at BE Furniture, we make it a priority of ours to ensure that our clients have access to the best quality, most affordable contemporary office furniture in the country. From customized masterpieces to ready-made beauties, the choice is yours.
For more information about our extensive range of products and professional expertise, contact us today.